Vegan Greek Style Black Eyed Peas
• By Swapnali Bansode
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
01:00 Minutes 234 kcal
Ingredients for Vegan Greek Style Black Eyed Peas
- › Black Eyed peas (40 gm) soaked overnight
- › Onion and tomato (50 gm), garlic, carrots, bell pepper
- › Olive oil (5 gm)
- › Bay Leaf
- › Oregano, black pepper, cumin, red pepper seasoning
1. Soak black-eyed peas overnight or at least 8 hours and cook them, in a pot or pressure cooker, in a pot it takes 45 minutes, for cooker maybe 8-10 whistles to cook them well
2. This is supposed to be made as stew and originally you may cook it in a slow cooker or crockpot for 6-8 hours.
3. Lol, I didn’t have much time, I modified the recipe, take a pan, add olive oil, add garlic, add carrots and onion and let it cook well for 8-10 minutes
4. Add rest of veggies, a lot of water, at this step add oregano, black pepper powder, cumin powder, and red pepper. Also, add one bay leaf.
5. Let it cook well for another 20 minutes
6. Add cooked black eyed peas, and add more water
7. Let the whole mixture cook for 45-50 minutes
8. And it’s ready, top it with parsley or cilantro, and don’t forget to add lemon juice on top
9. Tadda, it’s done! Serving suggestions, may go well with pita bread or rice or quinoa! Enjoy!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!