vegan chickpea curry potatoes
• By LAKSHITA KESARWANI
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1:15 Minutes 257 kcal
Ingredients for vegan chickpea curry potatoes
- › 4 sweet potatoes 1 tbsp coconut oil 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds 1 large onion, diced 2 garlic cloves, crushed thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated 1 green chilli, finely chopped 1 tsp garam masala 1 tsp ground coriander ½ tsp turmeric 2 tbsp tikka masala paste 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained lemon wedges and coriander leaves, to serve
1. Method STEP 1 Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then put on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 mins or until tender when pierced with a knife. STEP 2 Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min until fragrant, then add the onion and fry for 7-10 mins until softened. STEP 3 Put the garlic, ginger and green chilli into the pan, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the spices and tikka masala paste and cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then tip in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 mins until thickened. Season. STEP 4 Put the roasted sweet potatoes on four plates and cut open lengthways. Spoon over the chickpea curry and squeeze over the lemon wedges. Season, then scatter with coriander before serving.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!