Urad Dal Porridge / Ulundhu Kanji Recipe
• By Sangeetha Thevar
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
:15 Minutes 245 kcal
Ingredients for Urad Dal Porridge / Ulundhu Kanji Recipe
- › Black / White Urad Dal (Split) , soaked for 30 min - 50 gms
- › 4 cups Water
- › Jaggery -20 gms
- › 3 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds , pounded
- › Fresh coconut , grated - 10 gms Optional
1. To prepare Ulundhu Kanji Recipe | Urad Dal Porridge, wash and soak urad dal in water for about 30 minutes. After soaking time, drain the urad dal and add into blender along with cardamom. Add little water and grind into smooth paste. Boil water in a pan, add jaggery to the water and dissolve it. Strain to remove impurities. Keep it again in flame and boil the jaggery water in low flame. Add the urad dal paste to the boiling water and keep stirring. Cook for 4-5 minutes in medium flame by stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Once it becomes thick and smooth like porridge, remove from flame and add grated coconut (optional) to the kanji. I haven't added. Mix and serve Sweet Ulundhu Kanji Recipe | Urad Dal Porridge warm. Incase of LCD / diabetic where you want to avoid sweet you can add salt instead of jaggery.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!