Sugar free Obattu/puran poli
• By Manar Fathima
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
2: Minutes 401 kcal
Ingredients for Sugar free Obattu/puran poli
- › chana dal-35g
- › wheat flour-70g
- › butter-5g
- › erythritol/sweetner- as per taste
- › turmeric powder-1/2tsp
- › salt-a pinch
- › cardamom powder-1/2tsp
1. Wash and soak chana dal in a bowl for 1/2hour
2. In another bowl add wheat flour, turmeric powder and salt, knead using lukewarm water. Once the dough is formed, you can coat slightly with oil and let it rest for half an hour
3. Pressure cook chana dal for 5-6 whistles and take a few chana dals and mash it with your fingers. They should get mashed easily. Do take care as the dal is very hot.
4. Strain the chana dal and let it cool or become warm. Then add the chana dal in a grinder jar. Add sweetner,½ teaspoon cardamon powder and grind to a smooth consistency. If you are unable to grind, then you can add 2 to 3 tablespoons or more water.
5. The entire chana dal mixture should have a smooth texture
6. Heat chana dal mixture in a pan, till it starts to leave the edges of the pan. Once done,let it cool.
7. Pinch a medium sized ball from the dough. Gently flatten it with your fingers. You can also use the rolling pin and flatten it.
8. Place the chana dal stuffing ball in the flattened dough. Bring together the edges and press them at the center. Then flatten the center and gently roll the stuffed dough ball between your palms
9. Gently roll to a large obbattu. Add flour as required while rolling.
10. Heat a tawa and roast the obattu/puran poli until golden brown. You can add ghee/butter as desired
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!