Split bengal gram Curry
• By Nafeesa Saleh
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
01:00 Minutes 374 kcal
Ingredients for Split bengal gram Curry
- › Split bengal gram- 20gm
- › Chicken- 100gm
- › Garlic - 5gm
- › Ginger- 5gm
- › Bottle gourd - 25gm
- › Capsicum-10gm
- › Ghee- 10gm
- › Dry spices: salt, pepper powder, cumin seeds, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder
- › Onion: 20gm
- › Tomato: 10gm
- › Cardamom- 1
- › Cloves - 2-3
- › Curry leaves- 7-8
- › Coriander leaves- for garnishing
- › Lime juice- as per the taste.
1. Soak the bengal gram overnight or atleast 3-4 hours prior to cooking.
2. Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt and pepper for about 15 minutes.
3. In a pan, add ghee, curry leaves, cardamom and cloves and let it crackle. Afterward, add the marinated chicken and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
4. In a mixer, grind the onion, take it out in bowl and then grind the tomato.
5. First, add the onion and let it saute for sometime and after that add the tomato paste and sliced capsicum. Add all dry spices as per your taste and continue cooking it until the gravy leaves the oil.
6. Now, add the splitted gram and pieces of bottle gourd and cover the lid. let it cook until both of them becomes soft.
7. Garnish it with coriander leaves and add lime juice as per your taste. Enjoy with chapati or multi-grain bread!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!