Soya Paneer Cutlet
• By Maninder Kaur
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:45 Minutes 527 kcal
Ingredients for Soya Paneer Cutlet
- › Paneer 50g
- › Soya granules 50g
- › Mozzarella cheese 15g
- › Semolina 35g
- › Cauliflower 70g
- › Methi leaves 30g
- › Green chilli- 1
- › Onion for garnish - 20g
- › Ghee 10g (use less if it doesnt fit in your macros. I had to finish up my macros for the day so I splurged)
- › Fresh Ginger about quarter of an inch
- › salt as per taste
- › garam masala - pinch
- › Amchur powder- couple of pinches
- › black pepper powder - as per taste (optional)
- › Ginger powder- a couple of pinches
- › Bhuna jeera powder - few pinches
1. Boil cauliflower with a bit of salt. Drain water. If you prefer it crunchier, boil it a little less and crush it in a mixer grinder or chopper. I did this. Boiled for 5 mins approx. if not boil it more and mash it. that should give a bit potato like texture.
2. Boil Soya granules with salt. Drain, squeeze out water and keep aside.
3. Mash the paneer. If its too dry or hard just soak it in a bit of hot (not boiling hot) water for a few mins before mashing.
4. Mix paneer, Mashed cauliflower, soya granules, Chopped methi, grated cheese, fresh ginger, green chilli and mix them in a mixer grinder. (I didn't mash the cauliflower just added it in this step. Don't blame me for shortcuts, it was 8pm and I was hungry :-P)
5. Mix them well. It will have texture almost like a paneer bhurji, which it sort of is anyway.
6. Take out the mixture, add in the dry ingredients, spices, semolina. Mix well and knead the mixture a bit. Let it sit for about 5-10mins. Again I am always the one for shortcuts because hey after 9hrs at work I want to be in an out of the kitchen asap, so u started with the next step anyway only resting till the pan was heating up.
7. In a non stick pan heat up oil/ghee. I started with 5gms. Once the pan is heated put it on medium flame. Make round shape cutlets or any shape you prefer. Don't make them too thin. These are still on the drier side and might break. Don't worry about undercooking the inside because hey we already boiled the heck out of cauliflower and the soya which make the bulk of this. Rest of the ingredients won't take much time. But still keep the flame on medium or medium-low.
8. Shallow fry the cutlets as per your pan. my pan was small so it accomodated about 3 cutlets in one time. I added more ghee in the second round because it was left within my macros for the day. You can skip in this bit if using a non stick pan.
9. Roast as per your liking, serve with some thinly sliced onions, curd or chutney.
10. NOTE: Macros of curd are not included in this recipe
11. Macros mentioned are for the entire batch of cutlets.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!