Rice with Kali Masoor daal and Tofu
• By Priti Chopra
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
:45 Minutes 297 kcal
Ingredients for Rice with Kali Masoor daal and Tofu
- › Red, brown or white basmati rice one cup
- › Kali masoor dal 1/2 cup
- › water 2 and 1/2 cup
- › powdered lal mirchi 1/4 flat teaspoon
- › cumin 1/4 flat teaspoon
- › dried thyme 1 flat teaspoon
- › salt 1 and 1/2 flat teaspoon
- › 1 medium onion
- › 1/2 cup walnuts
- › 1 teaspoon olive oil
- › lemon juice 1 tablespoon
1. Pre-soak the Kali masoor dal in water for at least about 4 hours. You can pre-soak a large amount of lentils, freeze and use each time as necessary.
2. Cook the rice and the Kali masoor dal together in the same pot (covered pot) with the water for about 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the tofu: in a bowl, place 3 tablespoons of water, spicy lal mirch powder, cumin and dry thyme, and mix.
4. Cut the tofu into small cubes and add to the bowl with the water and spices.
5. Pour the contents of the bowl into a tray lined with aluminum foil (can also grease the foil a little so that the tofu could easily come out), and arrange the tofu cubes on it.
6. Sprinkle a little salt on the tofu cubes, and place in the toaster oven (or oven) for about 15 minutes until the tofu goldens and becomes crispier and lighter.
7. Chop the onion and walnuts.
8. Heat a little olive oil in a small pan and fry the onion with a little salt until it becomes translucent and softens.
9. Add the nuts to the onion and continue to fry for another 3-4 minutes.
10. Mix the cooked rice and Kali masoor dal with the baked tofu, onion and nuts. Pour over the lemon juice and mix well. Enjoy!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!