Rasam Rice Meal
• By Meghana Narayan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
01:00 Minutes 352 kcal
Ingredients for Rasam Rice Meal
- › 40 gm Rice
- › 1 whole boiled egg
- › 30 gm chopped carrots
- › 30 gm Green Beans
- › 100 gm Prawns
- › 1/2 tsp of chilly powder
- › 1/2 tsp turmeric
- › 80 ml of Rasam (10 gm tamrind, 1 tomato, 3 cloves garlic, 400 ml water, 1-2 tsp rasam powder, chopped corriander , curry leaves, 2 dry red chillies, 1/4 tsp Asafoetida)
- › 10 gm oil
1. Keep the rice for boiling in a rice cooker.
2. Prepare the rasam by spluttering cumin & musturd seeds in some oil. Now add in hing, dry red chilies, chopped garlic cloves, tomato, curry leaves and saute till soft. Add in the tamrind water, rasam powder and boil on low flame for 5-10 mins. Garnish with chopped corriander.I like rasam to be thin. Increase the quantity of tomatoes used to get a thicker consistency. Also add in extra pepper powder if needed.
3. In a pan add 10 gm oil. Saute the cleant prawns along with chilly, turmeric, salt. Close the lid and let it steam cook on a low flame for 6-8 mins. Check if done.
4. Take out the prawns in a seperate dish. In the same pan add in chopped green beans and and a little water steam cook for 10 mins.
5. Serve the chopped raw carrots, boiled rice, egg, rasam, sauteed prawns and green beans in a plate. Eat warm.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!