Rajma Masala (Oil free) (One pot meal)
• By Faizan Khan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:30 Minutes 462 kcal
Ingredients for Rajma Masala (Oil free) (One pot meal)
- › Rajma - 100 grams (dry)
- › Tomatoes - 250 grams (blended into paste)
- › Onion - 150 grams (blended into paste)
- › Ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste
- › Salt, turmeric, garam masala, dhaniya powder and jeera powder
- › Cardamom x2, Cinnamon 1 small-medium stick, Clove x3
- › Fresh coriander
1. In a pressure cooker, add the soaked and washed rajma, tomato and onion paste, 1 tsp salt (can adjust later as per requirement), half tsp turmeric, half tsp jeera powder, 1 tsp garam masala, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp green chilli paste (can be replaced with 1 tsp red chilli powder) and add just enough water to cover all the ingredients not too much.
2. Put the lid on the cooker and let it run for about 30-40 minutes so that the rajma softens very nicely.
3. After that let the cooker sit for another 10-15 minutes off the flame.
4. Open the lid and there will be water still, dry it to the consistency you want, if you wanna enjoy it with rice then don't dry it too much, if you wanna enjoy it with roti then you can dry it nicely.
5. Add fresh chopped coriander and let it cook for 2 minutes and integrate with the whole dish and release it's flavours.
6. Your one pot and oil free rajma is ready to enjoy!
7. Tip : To get the fats that I "missed" from not using oil, I just use just about the same quantity of ghee on the rotis and damn ghee + roti + this rajama masala is legendary!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!