• By Fittr
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:15 Minutes 767 kcal
Ingredients for Quinoa Upma
- › Ghee: 15 ml
- › Quinoa: 130 gm
- › Water for cooking quinoa: 2 cup
- › Mustard seeds: u00bd tsp
- › Urad dal: 5 gm
- › Peanuts: 15 gm
- › Green chillies, chopped: 5 gm
- › Ginger, chopped: 5 gm
- › Curry leaves: 8-10
- › Onion, finely chopped: 30 gm
- › Carrot, finely chopped: 30 gm
- › Green peas: 30 gm
- › Salt: As per taste
- › Turmeric: u00bd tsp
- › Water: 30 ml
1. 1. Take quinoa in a big bowl, add water and rinse it well. Boil water in a deep non-stick pan and add rinsed quinoa and salt. Cover the lid and cook it for 15 minutes on low flame.
2. 2. Keep checking it and if the quinoa is cooked and if there is excess water, then drain it out and set the quinoa aside.
3. 3. Heat a pan. Add oil and mustard seeds. When they splutter, add urad dal.
4. 4. When urad turns brown, add green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, peanuts. Sautu00e9 it for a minute and then add onion.
5. 5. When onions turn translucent add carrot, peas and add u00bc cup of water. Mix it well, cover it for 2 minutes.
6. 6. Then add turmeric, salt and cooked quinoa. Mix it all well. Switch off the flame.
7. 7. Garnish the upma with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!