• By Divyansh gupta
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:25 Minutes 256 kcal
Ingredients for Poha recipe.
- › 1 Cup red rice poha
- › 2 tsp vegetable oil
- › 1 green chilli, chopped
- › 1 tsp cumin seeds
- › 5 - 6 curry leaves, fresh or dried
- › 1/2 tsp turmeric
- › salt, to taste
- › 1 small onion, finely chopped
- › 6 - 7 stalks, fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- › 10 - 12 roasted peanuts
- › 1/4 cup masala boondi
- › 1/4 cup pomegranate kernels
- › 1 tsp jeeravan powder
- › 1 lime
1. Wash the red rice poha in a colander or steamer plate and keep aside.
2. Put Water for boiling in a pot big enough for your colander to sit on top or in your steamer vessel.
3. In a small pan, heat oil and temper it with cumin seeds, green chillies, and curry leaves. Add them in that order.
4. Add the tempering to the washed poha along with salt and turmeric. mix lightly with a fork or using your fingers. Be careful not to break or mash the poha.
5. Put the colander on top of boiling water and cover on top. steam for about 15 minutes.
6. Mix in half of the chopped onions, coriander leaves, and drizzle lime juice.
7. Serve on a bowl and top with boondi, onions, jeera van powder, coriander leaves, pomegranate seeds,and peanuts.
8. Serve hot with a slice of lime on the side. in indore, poha is usually served with a side of sweet jalebis.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!