Patode (Patreed or Patra)
• By Shruti Sood
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:45 Minutes 236 kcal
Ingredients for Patode (Patreed or Patra)
- › Colocasia/Taro/Arbi Leaves (6)
- › Besan (50 gms)
- › Mustard Oil (5 gms)
- › Salt, coriander powder, garam masala, fennel seeds, chilly powder (as per taste)
- › Water (as per requirement)
1. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients with besan and pour water slowly. Keep mixing to avoid lumps. The besan mixture must have thick consistency for easy appliances on the arbi leaves.
2. In the meantime, wash the arbi leaves thoroughly and pat dry them.
3. Now take three arbi leaves, apply the besan mixture on one side or each leaf. Stack all three together like one on top of the other with the besan applied side on top and roll them like we roll a newspaper. You can tie them with a thread in the middle to avoid opening.
4. Now in a steamer, put the rolled leaves in the tray and let them steam for about 5 to 6 mins. You may use a pressure cooker to steam them as well if you don't have a steamer.
5. Once steamed, let them cool down a bit. Upon cooling, you can cut the roll into pieces and have them as is or you can heat some oil in the pan and pan fry the cut pieces till they turn golden brown.
6. Once done, serve them with mint/coriander chutney and a hot cup of tea.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!