• By Dolan BhowmickSrimal
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:10 Minutes 619 kcal
Ingredients for Palak Paneer
- › 150 gm paneer cut into cubes
- › 300 gm spinach leaves washed
- › 25gm onion finely chopped
- › 2 big cloves of garlic finely chopped
- › 10 gm butter
- › salt to taste
- › Turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, jeera powder
- › whole jeera
1. Bring water to a boil in a deep pan. Add the spinach leaves and blanch for not more than 1 minute. Remove the spinach leaves and immediately wash under cold running water or immerse them in a bowl of cold water/ice water. This is to preserve the colour of spinach.
2. Put the spinach in a blender and blend until you get a smooth puree. Add water if required.
3. Heat butter in a nonstick pan. Add whole jeera. Add onion and fry until translucent and soft. Then add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add 1/4 tsp jeera powder, 1/8 tsp haldi powder. Mix well and saute for a minute. Add the spinach puree. Add salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the paneer cubes and mix well. Palak paneer tastes best with rotis, naan, paratha. But I was in the mood to have rice and I figured it goes great with rice too!
5. PS - You can fry the paneer if you wish..marinate it with salt, turmeric, kashmiri red chilli powder and shallow fry them. You can also add cream to it at last if it fits your macros.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!