Moong Dal Bharwa cheela
• By Divyansh gupta
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
50:00 Minutes 128 kcal
Ingredients for Moong Dal Bharwa cheela
- › For The Chillas 11/2 cups green moong dal (split green gram ) with skin, soaked for 2 hours and drained.
- › 11/2tbsp roughly chopped green chillies a pinch of asafoetida ( hing )
- › Salt to taste
- › 12 tsp peanut oil for cooking
- › For The Stuffing 2 cups boiled potato cubes
- › 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- › 1 tbsp oil
- › 1 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- › 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- › 1/2 tbsp dried mango powder ( amchor )
- › salt to taste
- › For Serving Green chutney
1. For the chillas Step1 . combine the moong dal, green chillies and approx, 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
2. Step2 . Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the asagoetida and salt and mix well. keep aside.
3. For the Stuffing Step1 . Heat the oil in a broad non- stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
4. Step2 . Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing it slightly using a potato masher.
5. Step3 . Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions. keep aside.
6. Step4 . Heat a non - stick tava ( griddle ) and lightly grease it with. pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it evenly to make a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter.
7. Step5 . Cook, using 1 tsp oil, till turns golden brown in colour form both the sides.
8. Step6 . Place one portion of the stuffing on one half of the chilla and fold it to make a semi- circle.
9. Step7 . Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 11 more chillas.
10. Step8 . Serve immediately with green chutney.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!