Modak ( Ukadiche Modak/Steamed Modak)
• By Yogita Patil
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
:45 Minutes 2198 kcal
Ingredients for Modak ( Ukadiche Modak/Steamed Modak)
- › For The Outer Modak Covering: 220 grams rice flour, 250 ml water, 5 gm ghee, ¼ teaspoon salt
- › For Inner Sweet Filling Of Modak: 225 grams fresh grated coconut, 125 grams powdered or grated jaggery, 10 gms Ghee
- › .
- › .
1. Making sweet filling/Stuffing of Modak: 1. Heat 10 gms ghee in a pan. Then add freshly grated coconut and jaggery. 2. Mix well and cook this coconut-jaggery mixture on a low flame for 7 to 9 minutes till the moisture from the jaggery begins to dry.
2. Making Rice Flour Dough: 1. In a pan, add water, 5 gms ghee and salt and let it come to a boil. 2. Add the rice flour gradually. Stir till all the rice flour is mixed with the water. 3. Switch off the flame. Remove the pan from the stove top and then cover this pan with a lid for 4 to 5 minutes. 4. Now take all the dough in a large plate, gather the dough together and knead it. 5. Make small balls from the dough.
3. Making Modak With Mould: 1. Close or lock the mould. Put the dough ball inside the mould and press it so that space is made. Place the sweet stuffing. 2. Cover the bottom with a small piece of dough. Press and smoothen it sealing the modak. 3. Open or unlock the modak mould. Remove the modak gently from the mould.
4. Steaming Modak: 1. Grease a steamer pan lightly with oil or ghee. 2. Place the shaped modak in the greased pan with some space between them. 3. Steam modak for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium-low flame. Tadaa… Modak are ready to eat.
5. With given ingredients, I made 25 modaks Total calories: 2200 for 25 modak - C 325 P 22 F 91 Calories per modak - 88 - C:13, P:0.9, F: 3.6
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!