Middle Eastern eggplant boats
• By Aditi Sharada
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1 Minutes 198 kcal
Ingredients for Middle Eastern eggplant boats
- › Eggplant halved and hollowed 80g
- › Lean goat meat 80g
- › Onion 40g (finely chopped)
- › Garlic 5g (finely chopped)
- › Tomato 75g (pureed)
- › Pomogranate seeds fresh 10g
- › Epigamia Greek yoghurt 25g
- › Cumin powder 5g
- › Paprika powder 5g
- › Parsley 1tbsp (chopped)
- › Butter 5g
- › Mint leaves for garnish
1. Slice the eggplant by length and hollow out the centre, leave some flesh (traditionally whole eggplant are used ans fried to cut down calories remove the hollowed out part and keep aside). After hollowing out the weight of eggplants to be used for the dish must be 80g
2. Take 2g butter, add to nonstick pan on high flame, add the hollowed eggplant, cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes, I also added some splashes of water so that eggplant doesn't burn. (you can also roast in oven for 30mins at 400°F)
3. Remove the eggplant from the pan, keep aside
4. In the same nonstick pan, on medium flame add 3g butter +40g onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add 5g garlic and saute for 3-4mins.
5. Add tomato puree, salt as per taste and saute for 5mins. Add cumin powder 5g, paprika powder 5g and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Add lean goat mince 80g, add 30ml water and mix it well. Cook for 15-20mins.
7. Add parsley 1tbsp chopped. Switch off the flame. Season with salt if needed.
8. Spoon the goat mixture in hollowed out eggplant.
9. Spoon 25g of Greek yoghurt over the stuffed eggplants. Sprinkle the 10g pomogranate seeds over the stuffed eggplant.
10. Garnish with mint leaves.
11. For vegan and vegetarian options seitan mince or soya granules can be used. Instead of yoghurt vegans can use tahini sauce. Macros will differ accordingly.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!