• By Kimaya Kamat
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:25 Minutes 173 kcal
Ingredients for Malvani Prawns
- › Shrimp 100 g
- › Onion 40 gms vertically sliced
- › Tamarind 6-10 gms
- › Grated Coconut 20gms
- › Coconut oil 5 gms
- › 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- › 1/2 inch ginger minced
- › 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- › Malvani masala as spice level required
- › Curry leaves, turmeric, salt, red chilly powder
1. Marinate the shrimp with a tsp of ginger garlic paste, a pinch of salt, turmeric, and red chilly powder. Microwave/heat the tamarind dipped in about 2 tbsp of water so we can get some paste out of it. If you do not have raw tamarind, use 1 to1.5 tsp of tamarind paste. While that is marinating, in a pan, add coconut oil. Once it heats up, add mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering add curry leaves in. Add the onions in. When the onions start to brown a little, add the shredded coconut in. Let it fry for a moment. Keep on stirring it well to prevent the coconut from sticking to the pan. Once the coconut brown a little, add the finely chopped garlic and grated ginger. Stir fry a little, and add the Malvani masala. Add the tamarind paste in. Add the shrimp and some salt and mix everything well. The mixture might feel too dry. Add about 2 spoons of water but not more. The shrimp will release some water. Once the shrimp cooks, if you want the masala to have a runny texture, add water accordingly.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!