khao Soi - Bowl of Happiness
• By Sheenam Gandhi
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:40 Minutes 545 kcal
Ingredients for khao Soi - Bowl of Happiness
- › 1 tbsp turmeric
- › 3/4 Kashmiri Mirch
- › 1 onion
- › 3 tbsp ginger garlic
- › 2 tsp coriander powder
- › 1 tbsp cumin powder
- › 15gm Besan
- › 15gms Oil
- › 400ml Coconut Milk
- › Salt to taste
- › 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- › Veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, peppers)
- › 150gms chicken boneless thigh
- › 40gms Noodles
- › 7gms roasted peanuts
- › Chilli flakes
- › Sliced lemon
- › Coriander
1. For the paste: Ina wok pan, with 5gm oil add Kashmiri mirch (pre-soaked in water), onion, ginger, garlic with turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and black pepper and pulse until a smooth paste is formed.
2. Once the paste is well done, add 5gms oil and besan and stir well. On low flame, let the besan cook well and then add 1/2 glass water and whisk until smooth and no lumps left.
3. Add chopped veggies and let cool with the paste under a lid.
4. In a deep bowl, boil noodles with water and a dash of salt n oil. 5-7 mins of boil and strain n keep on side in a plate.
5. Back to our wok on medium high flame, add coconut milk with salt to taste, soya sauce n bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add water n let simmer under lid. Taste and make any adjustments as per the consistency you would like for your curry.
6. In a pan, stir fry chicken with salt, red chilli n pepper. Cook for 9-10 mins on low flame and keep on side.
7. Time to assemble our meal, In each bowl, add boiled noodles, chicken or choice of protein, curry with veggies, and top with a dash of peanuts, chilli pepper, dash of lemon n coriander.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!