Keema (soya) Biriyani
• By Anamika Gupta
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:40 Minutes 493 kcal
Ingredients for Keema (soya) Biriyani
- › Soya granules - 50g
- › Rice - 50g
- › Ghee - 12g
- › Curd - 30g
- › Onion - 80g
- › Chopped coriander - 2 tbsp
- › Whole spices - Star anise - 2, cloves - 4, black pepper kernels - 4, shahi jeera - 1/2 tsp, cinnamon stick - 1 inch, bay leaf- 1 , green cardamom- 2, black cardamom ( small) -1
- › Powdered spices - coriander powder - 1 tsp, cumin powder - 1/2 tsp, turmeric- 1/2 tsp, garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- › Kesar - a pinch ( optional )
1. Soak soya granules in boiling water for 5 min. After that, strain it and remove excess water and keep it aside
2. Boil water with bay leaf, 1 green cardamom , 2 cloves , 2 black pepper kernels, shahi jeera, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick , star anise - 1 and salt. Add rice to it and let it cook until rice is more than half done
3. In a pan, heat 8 gm ghee and add remaining whole spices. Cook for few seconds and add onion to it. Cook them until onions turn golden brown
4. Add soya granules to them and cook them for 5-7 min on medium flame.Add some chopped coriander and salt after 3-4 min
5. In a separate pan, heat remaining ghee and add pinch of kesar strands and green chilli to it. Then add some water to it.( you can add milk if it is in your macro).
6. Add rice on top of cooked soya granules and pour the above mixture on top of it.
7. Cover it with lid and let it cook on low heat for about 5-7 min.
8. Serve hot with raita or any salad of your choice
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!