Kara Chutney (Very light chutney to have with dosa)
• By Faizan Khan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:30 Minutes 245 kcal
Ingredients for Kara Chutney (Very light chutney to have with dosa)
- › Tomatoes (diced) - 150 grams
- › Onion (diced) - 75 grams
- › Oil - 10 grams
- › Chana dal - 15 grams
- › Udad dal - 15 grams
- › 2-3 cloves garlic
- › 1-2 dried red chilli (how spicy you like)
- › Some curry leaves
- › Salt to taste
- › Tamarind - 5-10 grams
- › Mustard seeds (Rai)
1. Add the oil to a pan, add the mustard seeds and let it crackle, just when it starts crackling add the curry leaves & the dried red chilli, let it fry for 30 seconds until crunchy & not raw anymore.
2. Add chana & udad dal, fry till lightly brown, add half tsp of salt, add the onion, garlic & the tomatoes & let them soften completely.
3. Let this cool, add it to a blender along with the tamarind, add very bare amount of water, just how much is needed & blend it to a fine chutney.
4. You can add the water based on what consistency you prefer, add salt to taste.
5. Enjoy your homemade kara chutney!
6. Let me know in the comments how you find it & do check out my other recipes!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!