Kabuliwala Soya Pulao
• By Ipshita Mukherjee
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:45 Minutes 328 kcal
Ingredients for Kabuliwala Soya Pulao
- › Soya Chunks 30g
- › Black chickpeas 20g
- › Rice 30g
- › Butter 10g
- › Onion 50g
- › Tomato 50g
- › Haldi powder
- › Lal mirch powder
- › Kashmiri lal mirch powder
- › Whole coriander seed
- › Fennel seeds
- › Black cardamom
- › Cinnamon stick
- › Bay leaves
- › Green cardamom
- › Star anise
- › Lemon
- › Salt
- › Water
1. Rinse 1 cup black chickpeas (kala chana) a couple of times in water. Then add 2.5 cups water and soak the kala chana overnight or for 8 to 9 hours. I soak them in hot water.
2. Boil water in a pan, add salt and soya till it cooked Remove from water, squeeze it out completely. Make a paste of ginger garlic paste, garam masala, chili powder, Kashmiri chili powder, pepper powder and mix with the soya and Knead it for 10 mins. Put then in air fryer and fry for 15 minutes at 180 degree.
3. While soya is getting ready let’s cook the rice. Take a muslin cloth and put all the whole spices in the center and tie a tight knot. In a pot take water add the potli, salt and few drops of lemon juice. Bring the water to boil and add a slice of lemon and rice. Give it a stir and let the rice cook. Once the rice is is cooked drain out the water, remove the potli and lemon slice and keep the rice aside to cool down.
4. While you keep the rice to cool down let make the kala chana masala. Take a kadhai put ghee add cumin seeds (jeera). Let them crackle. Once the cumin seeds crackle, then add onion (finely chopped). Saute the onions till they become light golden. Add 4 to 5 garlic cloves (finely chopped) and 1 to 2 green chilies (finely chopped) Saute for 10 to 12 seconds . Add tomato (finely chopped). Saute them till the oil starts leaving from the sides of the onion-tomato masala. The tomatoes will also soften. Then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing) and ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder. Sauté for 2 to 3 seconds. Then add the kala chana along with all of the soaked water. Add more water if required. Cook in slow flame till chana I’d cooked and water has completely dried off.
5. Now in that chana add rice and soya and give it a nice mix.
6. Serve it with jungli salad or raita...
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!