• By Rohit Komal kamle
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:25 Minutes 255 kcal
Ingredients for jeera rice
- › 1 cup Basmati rice (a long grain Indian rice) 3 cups water Salt to taste 2 tablespoons vegetable, sunflower or canola oil/ghee 1 large onion (finely chopped) 2 teaspoons cumin seeds 1/2 cup water Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Wash the Basmati rice well in running water add the 3 cups of water and salt to taste to the rice and set it up to boil. Once the rice is almost cooked (test a few grains often to check—they will feel soft on the outside but very slightly hard on the inside), remove from fire and drain the water by straining the rice through a sieve or colander. Set aside. In another pan, heat the oil/ghee till hot and add onions. Fry till light brown and then add the cumin seeds. The seeds will splutter and sizzle to show they are done. Now add the rice and stir well. Add 1/2 a cup of water to the rice and cover. Simmer till all the water dries up. Allow the rice to stand for another 2 to 3 minutes and then serve garnished with coriander leaves.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!