Indian White Gravy
• By Pankaj Sen
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
22 Minutes 664 kcal
Ingredients for Indian White Gravy
- › For onion paste 1 cup roughly chopped onions 1 1/2 tbsp chopped cashew nut (kaju) 1 tbsp melon seeds (charmagaz) 1 tbsp roughly chopped garlic (lehsun) 1/2 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- › Other Ingredients For Basic White Gravy 2 tbsp oil 3 cardamoms (elaichi) 2 cloves (laung / lavang) 1 bayleaf (tejpatta) 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies 5 tbsp fresh curd (dahi) 1 1/2 tbsp fresh cream salt to taste
1. For the onion paste Combine all the ingredients along with ¾ cup of water in a kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes. Keep aside to cool. Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside
2. How to proceed To make basic white gravy, heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cardamom, cloves and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add the prepared onion paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Add the curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously. Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and salt and mix well. Use the white gravy as required.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!