Hari-Bhari Chicken Dum Biryani
• By Nitin Uppal
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
01:00 Minutes 1583 kcal
Ingredients for Hari-Bhari Chicken Dum Biryani
- › Chicken breast - 325 gms
- › Rice - 180 gms
- › Spinach - 150 gms
- › Soya Chunks - 40 gms
- › Green Beans - 145 gms
- › Onion - 400 gms
- › Tomato - 300 gms
- › Fat free Yogurt - 100 gms
- › Oil - 7 gms
- › Ghee - 5 gms
1. Marinate chicken in yogurt, ginger, garlic and spices of your taste. Set aside in fridge for around 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in pan. Add Cloves, bay leafs, cardamom (green and big), star anise to it. Add onions and saute till rich brown or golden brown, take out 70% for layering and keep rest in pan.
3. Add marinated chicken to it and saute it for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and after 5 minutes add beans and Soya. Add salt, chilli, dhaniya powder, garam masala as per your taste.
5. Cover the pan till everything is cooked. Add spinach puree 5-10 minutes before completing the mixture ( I normally boil and make puree and use it alternate days). Spinach gives it a beautiful green color and flavor.
6. Boil rice till it cooked 80% and take it out in sieve.
7. Layer the Rice and Chicken/veg mixture one after another. for each layer add onions as well which we kept aside for this. Pour ghee at the end.
8. Cover the pan for giving dum to biryani and leave it for 25-30 minutes on a very slow flame. ( I use tawa and don't keep pan directly on flame)
9. Enjoy it with your choice of Raita or plain curd !!!
10. (Note - Total weight of biryani was 2080 gms)
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!