Foxtail Millet Soya Bean Kichadi
• By Amala
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
0:25 Minutes 447 kcal
Ingredients for Foxtail Millet Soya Bean Kichadi
- › Foxtail millet-60 gms Soya Beans-25 gms Soya chunks-15 gms Carrot-30 gms Beans-40gms Ghee-4 gms Green chillies-2slitted Ginger-1/2tsp chopped Salt-3/4 tsp Garam masala-1tsp Turmeric powder-1/4tsp Water-1.25 cups Mustard seeds-1/2tsp Cumin seeds-1/2tsp Curry leaves few Bay leaf -1
1. Preparation: Soak soya chunks in hot water with salt for 15 min n squeeze out water. Dry roast Foxtail Millet n soya bean for few min until aroma comes ( colour should not be changing), rinse n soak it for 6-8 hours with 1/2 cup water.( I kept overnight in the refrigerator) METHOD : 1. Heat a ghee/oil in a 2ltr pressure cooker, splutter, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies (2 nos slitted),curry leaves, bay leaf n hing can be added too. 2. Add vegetables. Sauté for few seconds, add masalas give a quick mix , sprinkle water( to avoid burning of Masalas), add salt, chopped tomatoes n soya chunks. 3.Add the millet n soya bean mixture along with soaked water. Add 3/4 cup of water additionally. Adjust salt here. 4. Close the cooker n cook on high for 10 whistles. If you want mushy texture add extra 1/4 cup water. Serve hot. Total water used is 1.25 cup cups. I added 1 bay leaf too which is optional.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!