• By Nafeesa Saleh
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
01:00 Minutes 452 kcal
Ingredients for Fish pulao
- › Fish- 100gm
- › Rice- 30gm
- › Pigeon peas- 20gm
- › Potatoes- 40gm
- › Tomato- 50gm
- › Ginger root- 5gm
- › Garlic- 5gm
- › Long capsicum- 1 to 2
- › Oilve oil- 10gm
- › Cumin seeds, turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilly powder, cloves & cardamom(1to2)
- › Mint leaves- 4gm
1. Soak the pigeon peas in warm water for about half hour or overnight.
2. Boil it in a skillet adding salt,water and turmeric powder until it becomes medium soft or for about 10 minutes. Strain out the water and retain the boiled the peas
3. Marinate the fish pieces with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder and roast it in a pan, adding 5gm oil, until its golden brown on both the sides and keep it aside
4. Boil the basmati rice, adding water and salt until it's medium soft. strain out water and keep aside the rice.
5. Boil the potatoes, take out its skin, cut it into pieces and keep it aside
6. Now, in a skillet, add another 5gm oil, cumin seeds, cloves and cardamom and let it splutter. Afterwards, add the boiled potatoes and roast it until it gets golden brown.
7. Thereafter, add pigeon peas, chopped tomatoes and capsicum and let all saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add fish pieces into it and mix all lightly.
8. In a pot, spread the bottom layer of rice. On it, layer out the above step mixture and mint leaves.
9. Then for remaining rice, add a pinch of saffron colour in water and mix rice in it to get the coloured rice.
10. Layer it at the top. Add 100ml water in the pot and cover the lid. Let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!