• By Ipshita Mukherjee
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:25 Minutes 387 kcal
Ingredients for Falafel
- › Chickpeas 80g
- › Onion 25g
- › Semolina 10g
- › Roasted Garlic
- › Sesame seeds 3g
- › Green chili
- › Red chili
- › Coriander powder
- › cayenne peppe
- › Salt
- › Parsley
- › Cardamom powder
- › Black pepper
1. Pour the chickpeas into a large bowl and cover them by about 3 inches of cold water. Let them soak overnight. They will double in size as they soak.
2. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans well. Pour them into your food processor along with the chopped onion, garlic cloves, parsley, semolina or chickpea flour, salt, cumin, ground coriander, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cardamom.
3. Put all other ingredients together until a rough, coarse meal forms. Scrape the sides of the processor periodically and push the mixture down the sides. Process till the mixture is somewhere between the texture of couscous and a paste. You want the mixture to hold together.
4. Once the mixture reaches the desired consistency, pour it out into a bowl and use a fork to stir; this will make the texture more even throughout. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for sometime. Take lfalafel mixture into round balls or slider-shaped patties using wet hands or a falafel scoop. I usually use about 1tbsp of mixture per falafel. You can make them smaller or larger depending on your personal preference.
5. Put them in air fryer and fry for 10 to 15 minutes at 180 degree.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!