Dal Makhani with Tawa Naan
• By Sonia Sharma
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
:50 Minutes 294 kcal
Ingredients for Dal Makhani with Tawa Naan
- › For Dal Makhani - Black Urad dal whole, roughly chopped onion and tomato, 1 spoon shredded ginger and garlic (7/8 cloves), cardamom, butter 2g
- › For Naan- Maida 50g, a pinch of baking soda and 1 spoon curd and water for making dough
- › curd if you wish
- › coriander for garnishing
1. Pressure cook dal for 25 to 35 minutes approximately (5/6 steam) on a medium flame or till it gets softened
2. Heat a pan with 2g butter in it. Add bay leaf and cardamom (optional). Add cumin seeds (jeera), ginger, garlic, onion and tomato, green chili and stir till you get light brown or golden color
3. Add spices- salt and pepper as per your taste, 1/2 spoon coriander powder, 1/4 spoon turmeric powder, a pinch of degi mirch and mix it
4. Add boiled dal in a pan and mix it well. Add water if required and cook for another 10 minutes. Now turn the flame off. Serve it in a bowl. Pour half spoon butter, garnish with coriander and serve it hot with a naan or roti or rice
5. Naan - Take maida in a big bowl. Add a pinch of baking soda and water as per requirement. Make a dough and keep it aside for 30 to 40 minutes. Now heat the tawa. Take a ball sized dough, roll it in oval shape,place it on your palm, grease it with water. It will help naan to stick on tawa. Now put the greased side naan on tawa. This side will be cooked automatically due to heat so don't worry. Flip the tawa upside down towards flame and cook the naan. Bubbles will come and it'll be turned into golden brown. Remove the naan with the help of a knife if it's still sticked to tawa.
6. Dal Makhani and Naan is ready to be served. Add butter as per your taste. Garnish with coriander and serve it hot
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!