Dal Ki Gulab
• By Ipshita Mukherjee
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:40 Minutes 290 kcal
Ingredients for Dal Ki Gulab
- › Atta 20 g
- › Jowar ka Atta 10
- › Toor dal 20g
- › Moong dal 5g
- › Masoor dal 5g
- › Ghee 19g
- › Asafeotida
- › Cumin seeds
- › Turmeric powder
- › Red chili powder
- › Whole red chili
- › Salt
- › Water
- › Coriander leaves
1. Wash the Dal and soak it in 2+1/2 cups of water for 15 mins. Pressure cook the Dal with salt and turmeric and red chili powder for 2-3 whistles. Let the steam release on it’s own. Set the cooked dal aside.
2. In a large bowl, take wholewheat flour, season with salt. Add a gram ghee and rub it with the flour for a couple of minutes. Then add water, very little at a time and knead a stiff dough. Cover the dough with a kitchen napkin and set it aside for 15 minutes. Later, make small lemon sized balls of the dough. Roll out small thick roti like shapes too.Keep all the rolled dough balls aside on a plate. Make shape as you like. Generally it has a particular shape but I thought of giving a different shape.
3. Heat the Dal once again until it boils. Then add the shaped dough dumplings into the boiling dal and reduce the flames to the lowest setting. These shaped dough dumplings need to cook in the boiling dal for the next 15 minutes. Once they are cooked, turn off the flame and cover with a lid.
4. Now in a separate kadhai heat ghee add the hing followed by the red chillies and jeera. Stir everything around for a minute or two. Once these ingredients start crackling, add the tadka (tempering) to the cooked Dal ki Dulhan. Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!