• By Meghana Narayan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:30 Minutes 389 kcal
Ingredients for Dal Khichdi
- › 20 gms Moong Dal ( ~ 1/4 cup)
- › 70 gms Rice (~ 1 cup)
- › 100 gms Green Beans
- › 2 dry red chilles
- › 1/4 tsp Cumin - Mustard
- › 1/4 tsp turmeric, Asafoetida, salt
- › 8 gms Ghee
- › 750 ml Water ( ~ 5 cups water)
- › 1 tsp of grated ginger
1. Place an instant pot / pressure cooker on low flame.
2. Add in the ghee and let it warm. Crackle the cumin, mustard seeds. Add in broken red chilles pinch of hing, grated ginger. Give it a stir.
3. Next goes in beans, dal, rice along with turmeric. Stir for 3-4 mins till dal gets slightly brown.
4. Add water mix and adjust the salt at this step.
5. Close the lid and cook for 3 whistles if cooking in a pressure cooker or till the timer goes off.
6. Serve with some yoghurt raita and pickle.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!