• By nupur
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1: Minutes 202 kcal
Ingredients for Dal Bukhara
- › 50gm Whole urad dal
- › 4 cloves of garlic
- › 1/4 inch piece of ginger
- › 50g tomato puree ( tetra pack-dabur/ homemade)
- › 1tsp kashmiri chilly powder
- › 5g butter
- › 25g milk
- › salt to taste
1. Soak the urad dal in 2 cups of water overnight, and pressure cook it the next day, for 12-14 whistles
2. discard the water used to boil the dal, and wash it once under running water.
3. put half the dal in a pressure cooker, and take the remaining in a small katori, and mash it properly using a spoon. make a fine paste of teh garlic and ginger
4. add the mashed dal, to the pressure cooker, along with 2 cups of water, tomato puree and ginger- garlic paste, chilly powder and salt.
5. pressure cook this dal for 10-15 mins. open the cooker, and boil till it thickens. once the dal is nice and thick, add the butter and milk, and mix quickly to prevent the milk from curdling.
6. cook for some more time till it is nice an thick , and enjoy.
7. if you're feeling fancy, you can smoke the dal. for this, take a small piece of coal, burn it, place it in a small steel katori, pour half a spoon of ghee on it, so it starts releasing smoke. place the katori on the dal, and cover the bowl with a plate. let it sit for 5 mins, and then lift the lid, and remove the katori!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!