Dahi Bhalla Tokri Chaat
• By Ipshita Mukherjee
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
0:45 Minutes 96 kcal
Ingredients for Dahi Bhalla Tokri Chaat
- › Urad dal 50g
- › Yogurt 150g
- › Maida 60g
- › Ghee 5g
- › Green chili
- › Ginger
- › Roasted jeera powder
- › Red chili powder
- › Chaat masala
- › Sweetener
- › Salt
- › Hing
- › Ajwain
- › Jeera
- › Baking soda
1. First, take a mixing bowl and add maida, jeera, puch of baking soda salt, ajwain and mix well. Now add water slowly and knead a soft dough. Rest the dough for 20 to 30 mins. First, spill some flour on the rolling area and roll the dough into round shape like a poori . Then take a cupcake tray put it inside the cupcake and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degree. Then take it out and air fry till it becomes more crispy and gloden brown in color. Keep these tokri aside.
2. Add yogurt, red chili powder, roasted jeera powder, salt, and sweetener to a large wide bowl (big enough to hold all your vadas). Beat well with a whisk until smooth. Add water as required. Keep this aside
3. Wash urad dal a few times and soak for at least 4 to 6 hours or best leave it overnight. Also chill half cup water in the fridge for blending the dal. Rinse dal a few times and drain the water completely. Add it to a blender jar with cumin, salt, green chili, ginger and hing. Then pour 2 tbsp chilled water and grind for 1 minute. Scrape the sides, repeat blending adding 1 tbsp water each time only as needed until the batter turns thick, fluffy and light. Avoid adding too much water as it makes the batter runny. We want a thick & fluffy batter here. When the batter is done, you will see it turns lighter in color as well in texture. This is the indication it is done. Also while blending make sure the batter does not become hot as it may impart a bitter taste to the vadas. Also vadas can become dense. Remove the batter to a bowl. Beat it well for 1 min in one direction with your hand or whisk to aerate the batter. Test if the consistency & texture is right, pour 1 cup water to a small bowl and drop ¼ tsp batter to the water. The batter has to float meaning it has aerated well else blend it for a little longer and then aerate again by beating. Take a appe pan put the batter and cook for 5 minutes each side on medium heat. Then put them in air fryer for 10 minutes at 180 degree.
4. Take take yogurt mixture put the vada and let it soak for 5 minutes, Now take the tokri add the dahi bhalla and garnish with mint chutney, meethi chutney (made with Coke Zero) chaat masala, red chili powder, jeera powder, onion tomato, pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!