"CHOLA PALAK PULAV"
• By KAINAZ HAVALDAR
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1:00 Minutes 492 kcal
Ingredients for "CHOLA PALAK PULAV"
- › Rice 50gm
- › Chick Peas 50gm
- › Spinach 100gm
- › Tomato 25gm
- › Onion 50gm
- › Ginger and garlic paste 5gm
- › Chana masala 1tsp
- › Whole cumin 1tbsp
- › Red chilli powder to taste
- › Pinch of turmeric powder
- › Dhaniya powder 1tsp
- › Kasuri meethi 1tsp
- › Green Chillies chopped 5gm
- › Oil 10gm
1. Wash and soak the chickpeas overnight. Next day drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Add the chickpeas to a pressure cooker with 3-4 cups of water along with a pinch of salt. Cook it in a pressure cooker for 20-25 minutes on low flame after the first whistle.
3. Wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
4. Wash and chop the spinach in strips and keep aside.
5. In a pan put oil or ghee.
6. When the oil is warm add 1/2 tsp whole cumin and once it starts spluttering add in the grated "onions.
7. Saute on low to medium flame till the "onions turn beige in colour then add the ginger garlic paste.
8. Saute till the masala becomes a nice beige brown.
9. Add the salt ,turmeric ,red chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder and saute for a few more minutes.
10. Then add in the grated tomato and cook till the water from the tomato dries up.
11. Add in the kasturi methi leaves (dry fenugreek leaves) and saute for a few more minutes.
12. Add in the chickpeas and the water and let it cook till the liquid starts boiling. Turn down the flame to low and cook till the oil comes to the top.
13. In a pressure cooker add ghee and once it is warm add 1/2 tsp whole cumin.
14. When the cumin starts spluttering add in a few chopped green chillies and the chopped spinach and cook for a minute or so.
15. Now add the soaked and drained rice stir fry it with the masala for a minute or so.
16. Add only the chickpeas from the gravy. Then measure the gravy and add double the amount of rice added, that is 1:2 in proportion with the rice.
17. Taste the liquid and add salt as needed, the water should be slightly salty, like sea water.
18. Close pressure cooker with the weight and cook on medium to high flame till you hear the first whistle.
19. Switch off the heat and leave the pressure cook with the weight on till it has released all the pressure on it’s own.
20. After you open the pressure cooker, let the pulav rest for some time to allow it to absorb all the gravy liquid.
21. Serve hot with a vegetable raita on the side.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!