chicken spinach biriyani
• By Manali Bardhan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
90:00 Minutes 568 kcal
Ingredients for chicken spinach biriyani
- › Rice 40 gm
- › Green cardamom
- › Cloves
- › Cinnamon
- › Bay leaf
- › Lemon
- › Black peppercorns
- › Tomato 1
- › Onion 1
- › Curd
- › Spinach 200 gm
- › Chicken 200 gm
- › Garam masala
- › Rose water
1. Take 40 gm of rice .Soak it for 30 mins.
2. Take a heavy bottomed kadhai.Put 200 gm of chicken. Add 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, half onion paste. Chop 1 onion and mix. Add 2 cardamom, 3 peppercorns, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, some ginger julians,salt, garam masala,1 teaspoon mustard oil, 1 teaspoon of redchilli powder.Mix everything.
3. Add boiling water on the above mix and heat up the chicken mix in highest temp till it starts boiling.
4. Once the water starts boiling, lower the gas and put it on medium flame for 20 mins with lid on.
5. By the mean time start prepping the spinach. Boil water in a pan with some salt. Once the water starts boiling add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. After 2minutes Remove the spinach from the pan and put it in ice cold / cold water and wash it thoroughly and keep aside.
7. Now let’s start with the rice. Again boil water in a pan. Once the water starts bouncing add the whole spices in the water and some salt and squeeze 1 lemon on to the water. Let the water boil for 2-3 minutes so that the aroma of spices mix into the water. Then add the rice. Cook the rice for 2-3 minutes maximum and then drain the rice of its starch and put the rice under cold water so that the rice stops cooking. Spread the rice in a plate.
8. Once 20 min is over, open the lid of ur chicken pot, give it a stir . Add 1 tomato to it and give it a mix. Take 2 tablespoon of curd and mix it slowly with the chicken mix. At this point if u feel that u need to add some water in the chicken so that it doesn’t get burnt, add some hot water and give it a mix. After that cover it up and cook for some more time.
9. Cook the chicken till the oil starts coming out and it’s thoroughly cooked and very less amount of gravy is left.
10. Now place the boiled spinach on top of the chicken slowly and make a layer of spinach .
11. Put the flame to low. Now slowly add the rice on top of the spinach bed. Add 5ml of rose water and half teaspoon of garam masala on top.
12. Once all set, cover the mouth of ur pot with a baking sheet or a cloth and then put on lid and the flame should be on the lowest .
13. Cook it on low heat for 20-25 minutes.After that turn of the gas but don’t open the lid.
14. Open the lid after 15-20 minutes and ur pot biriyani is ready to enjoy.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!