• By Nafeesa Saleh
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:45 Minutes 127 kcal
Ingredients for Chicken Roll
- › Maida/all purpose flour - 250gm
- › Butter- 30gm
- › Cheese - 30gm
- › Egg - 1
- › Yeast - 1tsp
- › Milk low fat - 150ml
- › Onion- 50gm
- › Carrot- 50gm
- › Capsicum- 50gm
- › Spring onion - 50gm
- › Ginger - 5gm
- › Garlic - 5gm
- › Green chilly - 1 to 2
- › Dry spices - salt, pepper, turmeric powder, red chilly flakes, oregano, coriander powder( all 0.5 tsp or as per the taste)
- › Coriander- 10gm
- › Sesame seeds- 2gm (optional)
1. In a bowl, add flour, egg, yeast, butter (20gm), salt and lukewarm milk and knead the dough using spoon by rotating in a clockwise direction. Once it’s done knead it more via hands until it’s semi solid form or for about 10-15 minutes. Alternatively you may use electric mixer. This step depends on the type of yeast you use. See package for the exact directions. Wrap the cloth or plastic over the bowl and keep it in a warm place for about 2 hours. (Retain some flour for dusting- 20gm and egg wash- 1tsp)
2. Meanwhile, cut the chickens into large chinks and marinate it ginger, garlic and chilly paste. Then, boil it adding little water until it becomes tender and let it cool down. Thereafter, shred the chicken using fork and keep it aside.
3. In a pan, add butter (7gm), minced garlic and onion and let it saute for 2 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Then, add elongated chopped carrot and capsicum and saute it for another 2-3 minutes. Then, add spring onion whites and greens and mix it well. Now add all dry spices and saute for another minute. Add a tsp of flour and mix well and finally add 25ml milk and little water (25ml) and give a nice mix. Let it cook until the filling becomes dry. Then add chopped coriander and keep this filling aside.
4. Now, once dough has puffed up, beat it on the platform dusting some flour and then divide it into equal sized balls. Flatten the ball into an elongated shape, using rolling pin. Fill in the filling at one end, wrap it from sides, and then flip it from one end and then roll it to the other and seal it by pressing it firmly. Do this for all.
5. Brush the baking tray, with remaining butter and line up the rolls, retain it in the tray for about 30 minutes, at a warm place. Then brush the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 160deg C or until it turns into light golden colour. Enjoy😋
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!