Chicken Rice (Chicken Mandi )
• By Sangeeta Suhas T
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:30 Minutes 248 kcal
Ingredients for Chicken Rice (Chicken Mandi )
- › 100gm - Chicken Breast
- › 35gm- Rice
- › Less then 100gms- Veggies - Carrot, capsicum, onion (optional)
- › Arabian Mandi Masala - Homemade (mix of Whole coriander Seed- 4 tsp Whole Pepper- 4 tsp Cumin seeds- 2 tsp Cinnamon stick- 2 inches (2 pieces)) Cloves- 8 to 10 Nutmeg- 1
- › Other Spices - Turmeric, Chilly powder, Salt to taste
1. Cut Chicken breast into small pieces (optional).
2. Marinate chicken breast in Mandi Masala, Salt, turmaric powder and chilly powder. Set it in the fridge for an Hour to marinate.
3. After the chicken is marinated, in an idli cooker take half a liter of cooking/ drinking water for steaming the chicken - as the same water will be used for cooking the rice.
4. When the steamer is ready and hot, add chicken in it to cook in steam.
5. Let it cook 10/15 mins on both sides till it is cooked properly (it may tk less time) .. keep checking the water.
6. Once the chicken is done, keep it aside .
7. Now in the same water (chicken stock) add veggies, you and also give tadka/ tempering with ghee (optional- i havn’t).
8. Add rice, salt(if needed) and little bit of Mandi masala.
9. Let it cook till the water evaporates (like we do for pulav).
10. Roast chicken on nonstick tava with a bit of oil if needed. Just to get the colour (as the chicken is already cooked).
11. Serve hot.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!