Chicken Katsu Curry with Rice
• By Sheenam Gandhi
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
0:45 Minutes 538 kcal
Ingredients for Chicken Katsu Curry with Rice
- › Chicken
- › Coconut milk
- › Rice
- › Oil
- › Onion & garlic & ginger
- › Turmeric
- › Curry powder
- › Green beans
- › Flour
1. Quantities required: For The Sauce: 10ml vegetable oil 1 onion, finely chopped 1 garlic clove, crushed 2 small piece of ginger, peeled and grated 1 teaspoon tumeric 2 tablespoons mild curry powder 1 tablespoon plain flour 300ml chicken or vegetable stock 100ml coconut milk 1 teaspoon light soy sauce 1 teaspoon sugar, to taste The Dish: 50 gm rice (any type) Katsu curry sauce (see above) 2 skinless chicken breasts 80gms Greens of choice (I’ve used steamed beans) masala
2. For the sauce, start to soften the onions, garlic and ginger. Then add curry powder, turmeric. Allow to sit on a low to medium heat. Add the flour, cook for 1 minute with the spices. Add the chicken stock slowly, followed by the 100ml coconut milk. Add the pinch of sugar and dash of soy sauce.
3. Split chicken fillets in half and marinate with chilli, vinegar and salt and set aside for 15-20minutes. Post that you can grill the chicken on pan for 15minutes until tender or put in the grill for 12mins on 200C with oil pasted on the pan or oven plate and you will have nice and juicy pieces ready.
4. Strain curry sauce through a sieve, a little bit at a time.
5. Slice the chicken into lengths and plate up next to the rice. Add salad, or wok-fried greens to the plate alongside, then drench in curry sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!