Chicken Dum Biryani
• By Dolan BhowmickSrimal
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:25 Minutes 537 kcal
Ingredients for Chicken Dum Biryani
- › For Chicken marination 150 gm Chicken breasts cut into small 2 inch pieces 50 gm low fat yoghurt 1 tsp Ginger paste 1/4 tsp Garlic paste 1/2 tsp whole shahi jeera 1-2 green cardamom 1/2 inch cinnamon stick pinch of mace powder 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder 3-4 mint/pudina leaves 10 gm ghee For Rice 50 gm India Gate Classic Basmati Rice 250 ml Water 1/2 tsp Salt 1 cardamom
1. 1. Marinate Chicken with all ingredients given above for chicken marination. Set aside for 30 mins 2. Meanwhile, wash rice and soak for 30 mins. 3. In a saucepan, add 250 ml water, salt and 1 cardamom. Bring to a boil. Once water starts boiling, add rice and cook for just 30 seconds. 4. After 30 seconds, strain the rice. DON'T drain the water. We need it to cook the biryani. 5. In a nonstick saucepan, first layer half of the rice. 6. Then layer the marinated chicken on top of the rice. 7. Finally layer with remaining rice. 8. Add a laddle of water on the top of rice. The water will help the rice to cook. 9. If you wish, you can add few strands of saffron/kesar in 1 tbsp milk and sprinkle on top of rice. Again, this is optional. 10. Cover the saucepan with aluminium foil. Press the lid tightly on the foil to avoid steam from getting out. 11. Turn on the flame and cook for 2 mins on high heat and then lower the heat and cook for 20-23 mins. Delicious and healthy Chicken Dum Biryani is ready!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!