Chicken Dum Biryani- Cooker Version
• By Ashish Bartwal
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1:0 Minutes 789 kcal
Ingredients for Chicken Dum Biryani- Cooker Version
- › -600 gm chicken (with bone) -160 gm Rice -20 gm ghee -100 gm Curd -100 gm milk -kevra water -saffron -food color- optional - For Rice- 1badi elaichi, 2 choti elaichi, 3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick -For Chicken - 1badi elaichi, 2 choti elaichi, 3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, small piece nutmeg
1. Method -Heat approx 10 gm ghee or oil in a pressure cooker -Fry onions evenly and keep stirring until light brown. -add whole spices – cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg and ginger garlic paste. -Add chicken & saute on a medium heat. -Cook on a low flame until the chicken is soft cooked or tender. -add curd and keep stirring for 5 mins. -Add salt,kashmiri chilli powder and little kevra water. -Switch off the flame and add milk and mix it well.
2. For Rice -Add the soaked Basmati rice in boiling water and add 1badi elaichi, 2 choti elaichi, 3 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick,2 green chillis slit from middle and let the rice cook uptill 80%. -Strain the boiled rice from water.
3. For Dum -Spread rice in a layer over the chicken. Level the rice if needed. Sprinkle mint ,remaining ghee & fried onions if using. -Add saffron soaked in little milk or food color -Cook the biryani on dum for 15 min on low flame in the same pressure cooker. -After that let it sit for 10 min before opening
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!