cauliflower hash brown egg cups
• By Riya Singhal
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:35 Minutes 90 kcal
Ingredients for cauliflower hash brown egg cups
- › 1 head of cauliflower, stalk and leaves removed, cut into florets 1 extra large egg, whisked 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, (or Mozzarella) 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, (to your tastes) pepper, (optional - to taste) 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, (or 1 teaspoon onion powder) 12 small-medium sized eggs
1. Process a whole head of cauliflower (stalk and leaves removed) in two batches until it resembles a ‘rice.’ A couple pulses for about 30 seconds, you should end up with just over 3 cups of cauliflower rice. Pour the ‘rice’ into a microwave safe bowl and heat through for a good 8-10 minutes. Alternatively lightly steam until it becomes soft and, well, smushy. (You may have around 1/2 cup left over, which you can save for later.) Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of your cauliflower, or the cups will be soft and may fall apart after baking. You can use paper towels (be prepared to use a few doubled up), a cheesecloth or a tea towel just make sure you squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Once the cauliflower is dry, add your egg, cheeses and seasonings and mix to form a ‘dough.’ Spoon them into your lightly greased muffin trays (or ramekins), and press them down to form cups. Easy, yes? Right. Bake them in your oven until they’re all golden and the aroma in your kitchen has changed from cauliflower to golden melted cheesy smells. Remove from the oven; break your eggs into each cup (make sure they’re small-medium sized eggs or you will have egg whites spilling out everywhere and all over the place. How do I know that? Um…doesn’t matter), and return to your oven for about 15 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are to your liking. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes before handling them, or they may fall apart. Lightly slide a knife around the sides of each cup. Using a fork, gently lift one side first to make sure they're not sticking to the bottom, and lift out of the pan. Garnish with red chilli flakes and parsley (optional) or leave as is.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!