Bombil/Dry bombay duck stir fry
• By Nafeesa Saleh
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:30 Minutes 528 kcal
Ingredients for Bombil/Dry bombay duck stir fry
- › Dry Bombay duck/bombil/loita fish - 50gm
- › Onion - 200gm
- › Tomato - 150gm
- › Raw mango - 30gm
- › Vegetable oil - 20gm
- › Potatoes- 100gm
- › Red chilly powder- 2 tsp
- › Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- › Ginger- 5gm
- › Garlic - 10gm
- › Green chilly - 1 to 2
- › Salt- as per the taste
1. Clean the bombil and cut it into pieces and wash it nicely and pat dry.
2. In a pan, add oil (10gm) and add bombill and stir fry it until it turns crisp. Strain it out and keep it aside.
3. Cut the potatoes into long wedges and spray oil and salt over it and bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown on all sides. You may do the same in a nonstick pan and keep it aside.
4. Peel off the raw mango and cut it into small pieces and keep it aside.
5. In the same pan, add remaining oil and add chopped garlic (5gm) and saute it for a minute. Now add onion slits and continue sauting it for about 2 minutes. Then, add add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilly and saute for another minute.
6. Thereafter, add tomato pieces and add salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Now, add the pieces of raw mangoes and cook it until it becomes tender.
8. Finally, add potato wedges and fried bombil and cover the lid for about 5 minutes. You may add water if required.
9. Serve it with chapati or rice/khichdi and curd.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!