Bittergourd Pickle ( kakarkaya Pachadi )
• By Meghana Narayan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:20 Minutes 243 kcal
Ingredients for Bittergourd Pickle ( kakarkaya Pachadi )
- › Bitter gourd - 150 gm
- › Oil - 15 gm
- › Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- › Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- › Chilly Powder- 1 tsp
- › Curry Leaves - 10
- › Urad dal - 10 gm
- › Channa dal - 10 gm
- › Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- › Jaggery - 10 gm
- › Tamrind - 10 gm
1. Wash and dice the bittergourd into small pieces. Soak tamrind in 60-70 ml warm water.
2. In a pan take 5-10 gm of oil and splutter mustard , cumin. Then add in urad, chana , curry leaves saute for a few seconds more.
3. Now add in chopped bittergourd and saute well till tender. Add in turmeric chilly, salt give a mix. Now squeeze the tamrind pulp into soaked water. Pour in the extracted water minus the tamrind pieces along with the jaggery powder.
4. Mix close with a lid and cook for 3-4 mins on a low flame or till the mixture becomes thick. You can also add another 5 gm of oil at this point.
5. Once done switch off the flame and let it cool down. Serve a spoonfull with hot rice & ghee 😋. Remaining when refrigerated this can be stored upto 3 weeks- 4 weeks.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!