BESAN CHAKLI CURRY
• By KAINAZ HAVALDAR
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1:00 Minutes 269 kcal
Ingredients for BESAN CHAKLI CURRY
- › INGREDIENTS FOR BESAN Besan 50Gm Green Chillies 5gm Grated Ginger 5gm Asafoetida 1/4 tsp Cummin 10gm Salt to taste Water 1 1/2 cup
- › INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY Ghee 20gm Cummin 1/2 tsp Asafoetida 1/4tsp Pounder Garlic 1tsp Grated Ginger 1/2 tsp Onion 25gm Tomato 25gm Curd 25gm Red chilli 5gm Turmeric powder 5gm Coriander powder 5gm Sugar 5gm Coriander leaves 10gm
1. METHOD OF PREPARING BESAN CHAKLI Mix all the ingredients together and stir it for 5-7 minutes. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a pan add 1 tsp ghee. When the ghee is warm add the besan mixture to it and stir continuously.
3. Keep pressing the mixture to ensure there are no lumps.
4. Cook on low to medium flame. Grease a flat plate or thaali with ghee.
5. Once the mixture becomes thick add it to the flat plate and spread it out in an even layer. Let it set for for 10-15 minutes.
6. Then cut rectangles and remove each piece and keep aside.
7. METHOD FOR PREPARING CURRY. In a kadhai add the ghee and once it is warm add the cumin seeds.
8. Once the cumin starts W spluttering add the pounded garlic and tir fry till it becomes fragrant.
9. Then add the onion paste and saute for few minutes. Add grated ginger saute till the water of the onion dries up and changes colour. You can add 2-3 tbsp of water to saute as and when required
10. Add the salt,turmeric, kashmiri chilli ,coriander and red chilli powde. Add 2-3 tbsp of water Saute the masala till it changes to a nice reddish colour.
11. Add the tomato puree and chilli mixture and saute till the water of the tomato dries up.
12. Add the curd and saute till the water of the curd dries up.
13. Add water 2 cups and bring it to a boil. Cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes so that the gravy absorbs the flavours.
14. Add the chopped coriander leaves and cook for few minutes.
15. Gently add in the besan chakli rectangles and let the gravy come to a boil.
16. Add the sugar and stir it in gently. Reduce the flame low and cook for 5-7-10 minutes to let the gravy thicken a little .
17. When oil starts coming on the top remove from the heat.
18. Dish out ,serve with pulao,rice,roti or paratha .
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!