Banana flower with prawns (Mochar ghonto)
• By Dolan Acharya
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
1:00 Minutes 316 kcal
Ingredients for Banana flower with prawns (Mochar ghonto)
- › 1 Banana flower.
- › half a potato peeled and chopped in square pieces
- › coconut chopped 10 gm (optional)
- › mustard oil 10 gm
- › bay leaf 1
- › cumin seeds 1teaspoon
- › cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- › salt, turmeric as per taste
- › red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- › Green chillies 2 slitted
- › garam masala half spoon
- › Onion 1 chopped
- › Tomato 1 chopped or pureed
- › Ginger 1 inch paste
1. 1. Take out the white color banana flower one by one and remove the hard stigma.
2. 2. Chop the above in small pieces and boil for 5 min in salt and turmeric
3. 3 Sieve out the water and fry it in 5 gm mustard oil in a Kadai
4. 4. In another pan heat the remaining mustard oil and fry the potatoes and coconut pieces with a little turmeric and take out in a tissue paper.
5. 5. In the same heated oil add prawns and lightly fry and take out in a tissue paper.
6. 6. In the same oil add cumin seeds, bay leaf and onion. Fry for 2 min and add ginger paste.
7. 7. Let the onion turn pinkish brown. Add the tomato and keep cooking with cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt till the raw smell is gone.
8. 8. Add the potato, coconut and prawns which you kept aside.
9. 9. Mix the above and cook.
10. 10. Add the banana flower which you kept aside in step 3 and cook well for 10 to 15 mins.
11. 11. Add garam masala.
12. 12. You may top it with ghee to it if it fits your macros. Serve with rice!!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!