Amla Sabji- Indian Gooseberry
• By Deepika Singh
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:12 Minutes 116 kcal
Ingredients for Amla Sabji- Indian Gooseberry
- › Amla (Indian Gooseberry) 5-6 ( 48 gms after removing the seeds)
- › Kalonji (Black seeds) 1/4th tsp
- › Saunf (Fennel seeds) 1/2 tsp
- › Sarson dana (Black Mustard seeds) 1/4th tsp
- › Hari mirch (Green chilly) 1 slit
- › Whole dried red Kashmiri chilly 1
- › Jeera (Cumin seeds) 1/4th tsp
- › Ajwain (Carom Seeds) 1/4th tsp
- › Mustard/Refined oil - 10 ml
- › Haldi (Turmeric powder) 1/4th tsp
- › Lal Mirch (Red chilly powder) 1/4th tsp
- › Salt to taste
1. Wash, chop and deseed the amla
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add green chilly, red kashmiri chilly whole, Jeera (cumin seeds), Sarson dana (mustard seeds), kalonji (black seeds), Saunf (Fennel seeds), Ajwain (carom seeds) and sauté for few seconds.
3. Add amla, haldi (Turmeric powder), Red chilli powder, salt and sauté on low flame for 1 minute.
4. Add Jaggery (if needed) along with ½ cup of water, mix and cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes. You can add little more water (if needed) and cook till the amla is nice and soft.
5. Garnish it with coriander and enjoy as a pickle or side dish
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!