2 ingredient lentil soup (High protein)
• By Faizan Khan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:45 Minutes 349 kcal
Ingredients for 2 ingredient lentil soup (High protein)
- › Pigeon pea (Full tur dal) - 100 grams - Soaked overnight
- › Dried imli - 20 grams approximately (quantity depends on how sour and flavourful the imli you have is)
- › Salt to taste
- › Red chilli powder to taste
1. Boil the imli in some clean water for a minute and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
2. Mush it with your hands to extract the flavours into the water.
3. Strain it in a strainer to get the imli water out.
4. Now in a pressure cooker, add the lentils, add the imli water, add some salt and some red chilli powder as per taste (don't overdo these as they can be added later)
5. Add some more water to the pressure cooker so the lentils are very nicely submerged under water as they take time to cook, hence we don't want the water to dry.
6. Turn on the stove and let it cook for atleast 35-45 minutes on low to medium heat.
7. Once done let the pressure release by itself.
8. Taste the lentils and the soup to see if it needs some more salt. Keep the spiciness very mild.
9. Enjoy the simple lentil soup!
10. For more such recipes follow me on Fittr & on Instagram @fitcheffaizan
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!