| 1 minute to read
White Bean Salad Sandwiches.
- 19 ounces canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise, plus more for spreading on bread
- 1 tbsp light sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 8 slices sprouted sandwich bread
- 2 large tomatoes, slices
- 2 cups watercress
- 1 cup microgreens
Step1 . Place the drained are rinsed beans into a mixing bowl. Using the black of a fork, smash the beans until they are mushy, but still have lumps.
Step2 . Add in the salt, black pepper, sour cream, mayonnaise,chopped chives, and chopped dill pickles. Toss all together until well combined.
Step3 . Lightly smear each slice of bread with mayonnaise, if desired.
Step4 . Evenly distribute the bean mixture over 4 slices of the bread. Top each of those sliced with sliced tomatoes, watercress, and microgreens. Place the remaining slices of bread on top and cut sandwiches in half .
Step5 . Plate and serve with a dill pickle.