| 1 minute to read
Vegan Protein Coins
- Soyabean - 50 g ( soak overnight)
- Whole Black gram - 50 g ( soak overnight)
- Powdered soya chunks - 50g
- Maid/ wheat flour - 50g
- Oil - 10g
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli chopped - 1 tsp
- Ginger finely chopped - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Onion finely chopped - 100g
- Tomato finely chopped - 100g
- Cumin, turmeric, garam masala, coriander and red chilli powder- 1 tsp each or as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander- 1.5 tbsp
Grind soaked black gram and soyabean to a thik paste. Add powdered soya chunks, maida and a little of salt to it. Knead soft dough out of this mixture
Make small coins out of this dough and add them in boiling water. Cook these for 15-20 min at high flame. This time may vary based on consistency of dough and thickness of coins.
In another pan heat the old and add cumin seeds and asafoetida to it. After 30 secs, add onion , garlic, ginger and green chilli.Cook them until onions are light golden brown.
Add tomato and all the dry spices to it. Let it cook for another 4-5 min with a lid on.
Now add a little water and chopped coriander in it to make it a thick sauce like consistency
Add cooked coins/ balls to it and cook for another 3-4 min. Add salt to taste and cook for another min and it is ready