| 1 minute to read
vegan keema fry
- 1 cup soya chunk granules
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chilli pwd
- 1 tbsp coriander pwd
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon pwd
- 1/4 clove pwd
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (or any oil of ur choice)
- 1/2 cup peas
- water and salt as required
1. pulse and grind the walnuts into a coarse powder. keep the powder aside and grind the onions+tomatoes into a paste.
2. bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the soya granules and walnuts n cook them for 5 min.
3. strain and squeeze out the water.
4. in a pain heat the coconut oil, add the onion+tomato paste, ginger-garlic paste and the cinnamon n clove pwd. fry well until all the rawness is gone.
5. now add the boiled soya granules and walnuts, add some salt and pinch of turmeric and fry well.
6. add the chilli pwd, coriander pwd and fry till the rawness of the chilli powder goes away. ( since v r using less oil, the ingredients may stick to the bottom of the pan n burn, so add very little water and deglaze the pan when ever necessary).
7) finally add the peas n very lil water and cook for 2-3 mins and serve with roti.