| 1 minute to read
Uggani (Puffed rice upma)
- Puffed Rice 30g
- Onion 20g (Cut thinely vertical)
- Tomato 20g (diced to small cubes)
- Green chilli 1 (diced very small)
- Groundnuts raw 10g
- Olive oil 5ml
- Turmeric powder
- Ginger grated (small piece)
- Lemon juice 1tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Wash puffed rice in a colander until soft. Don't squeeze while washing. Keep aside for any water to drain.
In a hot pan, add olive oil, pinch of mustard seeds, groundnuts, grated ginger, green chilli, onion. Cover and cook for a min until onion is soft.
Add turmeric powder, salt to the onion mixture and mix well.
Add drained puffed rice. Mix well. Switch off.
Add diced tomatoes and lemon juice. Mix well.
Garnish with coriander leaves.